Released from being an Orphan
August 1, 2021 / Josh Sercey
This week, Josh shares how having God as our Father heals past wounds, strengthens us in present suffering, and gives us a future worth waiting for.
The Pain of Fathers
- Many of us had great fathers, and many of us had terrible fathers.
- The pain our fathers cause us is due to the inherent importance of that role, as it is supposed to reflect who God the Father is.
Released from the Orphan Spirit
- We have not been given a spirit that communicates how alone we are.
- An orphan spirit is driven by the fear of abandonment, and it assumes that we are alone and must bear the burden of ensuring we survive.
The Spirit of Adoption
- Because we are secure in our adoption into God’s family, we can cry to him and express our need.
- We only stop crying when we falsely believe that we don’t have a Father who is coming to our aid.
- Being a child of God also means receiving an inheritance right beside Jesus. This inheritance is the wonder of having all that God is directed at our good.