November 12, 2023 / Eric Boles
This Sunday, we welcome Eric Boles, President of The Game Changers Inc. Speaking from Romans 12:1-2 and Philippians 4:6-8, Eric talks about the work that goes into transformation, the strength that comes from it, and how to be confident and not worry in the midst of it.
- Our faith is the currency of the Kingdom
- Transformation is a process: it’s not the circumstances that change, it is our minds that are transformed
- We should not (though we often are) be surprised when transformation includes trials, pain, difficulties (John 16:33)
- Sometimes, our anxieties and worries are less about what we’re going through and more so a habit
- We have a perspective problem: we are more influenced by the world (note: this can be subtle, what are you immersed in?) than we influence the world
- The primary tool the enemy uses to stop our transformation is amnesia (forgetting the Lord’s faithfulness)
- In transformation, God brings us to a different place then we were before so that we can see better
- Biblical love is not about reciprocity but sacrificial love; transformation in our lives results in laying our lives down
- Jesus works through others to reach us; Jesus works through us to reach others
COMMUNITY GROUP DISCUSSION:
- Do you have a particularly transformative season(s) in your life? Share as a testimony to how God brought you / is bringing you to a new place and changed your perspective through the transformation of your mind and heart.
- Eric said in his sermon that “transformation is a process, a lot like training.” What does this mean practically and what does your ‘training’ look like as you take steps to become more like Jesus?
- In Philippians 4, the scripture states ‘do not be anxious about anything…’ What is your anything? Will you commit to giving it over to the Lord tonight?