Renewed as Community
October 17, 2021 / Josh Sercey
Continuing in our “Why Us, Why Here?” series, Pastor Josh looks at what it means to be Renewed as Community.
- Human beings need connection. No matter how much self-care we have, we need other people in our lives.
- Christians don’t need others just to meet some psychological need. We need others because we need help in our spiritual renewal and growth.
- This help from the Christian community happens when our honest confession is met with a reminder and rehearsal of Gospel grace.
COMMUNITY GROUP QUESTIONS:
- To kick off discussion: how would you describe your level of connection with others at Icon? How can that relational connection grow?
- How would you describe the difference between a Christian community and general friendships? Why is Christian community critical?
- A church is only as healthy as its culture. We need to be a space where people feel safe to confess sin and expect the Gospel in response. How have you experienced this? Can you share a time where confession was met with grace?