Descriptions of the Heart
May 21, 2023 / Mark Smith
Stories are imaginative, descriptive, and all around us. Jesus is the master storyteller who told stories in the form of parables for the heart about the heart. This week, Mark Smith preached from Luke 8:4-15. He explored how the Parable of the Sower is a story of the heart, shared to teach us about the conditions of our hearts and what happens when the Gospel takes root in a willing and noble heart.
COMMUNITY GROUP DISCUSSION:
- Read Luke 8:4-15 as a group and share brief takeaways from the sermon this past Sunday.
- What is the significance of parables? How do these stories connect us with the audience
Jesus originally spoke to?
- What was Jesus’ two-fold purpose in telling the crowds his parables? What hope do we have
as disciples of Jesus? Read Matthew 13:11-17 together as a group and discuss.
- Read Luke 8:11-15 and discuss Jesus’ four descriptions of the heart. Have you seen any
examples in your own life and witness?
- How does our confidence in Christ strive us to live in nobility?
- What comfort is offered to those who are sowing seeds for the Gospel?