The How and Why of Revelation
May 1, 2022 / Josh Sercey
This week Pastor Josh kicks off our new series in the book of Revelation. He shares ten important principles on how to interpret such a complicated book.
- The book of Revelation is the most misunderstood book in the Bible, so we must be clear on how to interpret it.
- In this sermon, we provide 10 principles on how to interpret this book.
- The book of Revelation is important because it produces resilience in our discipleship.
COMMUNITY GROUP QUESTIONS:
- This Sunday we began a new series on the book of Revelation. What interactions have you had with or about this book? Are you hesitant or excited?
- One thing Pastor Josh made clear: the book of Revelation cannot mean to us what it did not mean to the original audience. Why is it important to emphasize this for the book of Revelation?
- Revelation deals heavily in imagery. This is important because imagery can transform our imagination. All of this in opposition to the images and imagery we see in our own world. What are some ways our world tries to sway our imaginations or thought life through the images it puts in front of us?
- We’re going through this series because the book of Revelation can build resilience in our discipleship. Are there any areas of your discipleship that could use some strength or resilience?