Paradise in God’s Presence
September 25, 2022 / Josh Sercey
This week, Pastor Josh closes our Revelation series (Rev 21-22) by exploring the finished redemption God will bring.
- We can have hope because God finishes everything he starts. This means he will finish our redemption by bringing a new heaven and new earth.
- The finished story God will bring will have no more tears. All our pain will be resolved and over.
- The finished story God will bring will have no temple. This is because God’s presence will fill the entire earth.
- The finished story God will bring will have no trouble. Nothing to concern us and nothing to keep us up at night.
- Finally, the finished story God will bring will have the face of God. We will see his face, bringing all the fulfillment of beauty and identity we long for.
COMMUNITY GROUP QUESTIONS:
- Pastor Josh started the sermon off by talking about how God finishes everything he starts. Though we sometimes struggle to complete tasks, God never struggles with this. How does this give you hope and assure you?
- The finish God will bring will involve no tears. This includes our tears being wiped away so that our past pain is resolved. If you’re willing to share, what pain or tears are you most eager to see resolved and relieved?
- The finish God will bring will also include the full presence of God. We will be able to walk in his presence, and not have to seek or strive any longer. But for now, we should be seeking the presence of God in our lives. How are you seeking the presence of God? Which practices have been most effective in that seeking?
- The finish God brings is an assured hope, all because God has already given his Son for us. If he went that far for our redemption, surely he will finish the task. Why is it important to remember the cross when we reflect on our future hope? How are you currently keeping your attention on the cross?