LEADERSHIP PODCAST / Relational Practices
Ep.07 Peace Needs a People
May 20, 2020 / Justin Anderson, Ilona Trofimovich
In this episode, Ilona and Justin wrestle with the good, the hard, and the necessity of community. By nature, humans were designed to need people, yet likely all of us have also experienced the relational hurt that community can cause. How do we endure the messiness of relationships so that we can experience the goodness they offer? What is it uniquely about Christian community that equips us to do that?
Ideas We Highlight:
- How FOMO culture masks a fear of being known by others
- Why discomfort in relationships isn’t an excuse to quit on them
- The interplay between how God designed us, as relational beings, and the institution God gave us through the church
Begin where you are and take your next step!
- If you don’t have a church community currently, what step can you take to find and commit to a group of people? If you call Icon your home church, we’d love to introduce you to a Community Group near you. Just email us!
- How can you take a step of relational intimacy within your community? Think of a couple individuals with whom you could share more about your life story and hear more about theirs.
- If you lead a Community Group, consider that as strange as this cultural moment is during quarantine, there’s also never been an easier to ask someone to show up for group. Consider how you might call the people you lead into more consistent connection.
If you haven’t yet, download the Rule for Life template to reflect on and implement some of the practices from this series.