In this episode, Ilona and Justin pivot to discuss our organizations. Reminding us that we should be assessing health regardless of whether the world’s in a global pandemic, they use a classic business school assessment tool as a framework to assess whether your organization, be it a community group, church, or company, is healthy. How can you leverage your organizational “superpower” as you anticipate the future? What hard facts do you need to face? How can you prepare to take advantage of opportunities and protect yourself from organizational threats?
Ideas We Highlight:
- The importance of evaluating everything in light of the organizational mission
- How a missed opportunity can turn into a weakness or, worse, an organizational threat
- The value of honesty: don’t hide from problems, they’ll only kill your organization
Barna Research: One in Three Practicing Christians Has Stopped Attending Church During COVID-19
- Strengths: What are we doing well? What can we celebrate?
- Weaknesses: Where are we falling behind? What facts do we not want to face?
- Opportunities: What opportunities are we taking advantage of? Which are we not?
- Threats: Are their threats to your organization?
Assess Your Organization’s Health
Set aside time to reflect on your organization. With your mission and context in mind, use the assessment questions to evaluate your organization’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.