In this episode, Ilona and Justin kick off Season 3 talking about reentry in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. The reality is, by the time reentry and reopening starts to happen, it’s too late to prepare. So how can we leverage the time we have now to get ourselves ready to lead our people in the midst of social upheaval and organizational transition? How can we assess our individual health and properly address unhealth so we can lead our teams well?
Ideas We Highlight:
- Diagnostic questions to assess your physical, mental/emotional, and spiritual health
- Strategies for responding to unhealth in different areas of your life
Assess your health and respond to unhealth.
Set aside time to reflect on the diagnostic questions for each category. Block out thirty minutes on the schedule, or take 10 minutes and review one area at a time over the course of a day or a few days. Actually write down your responses and be specific!
Assess Physical Health:
- How’s your energy level? Do you have energy to do the things you love?
- How are you sleeping? Enough? Regularly?
- How’s your physical health? Exercise, eating, significant weight gain or loss?
Assess Mental/Emotional Health:
- Are you experiencing fear or anxiety? How would you rate your level of stress?
- Do your emotional responses match the stimulus? (i.e. outsized emotional reactions)
- Who are you spending time with? Are your relationships healthy and are they people who are fueling you?
Assess Spiritual Health:
- What spiritual disciplines are you regularly practicing?
- How is not gathering with your church community affecting you?